U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
King's Grant Elementary School strives to become world-class through the continuous acquisition of knowledge and expertise that will be necessary to meet the challenges of the future. We define "world-class" as any product, service, or organization that is judged by a variety of measures and is deemed as one of the best in its class. Characteristics of "world-class" include the following:
- A commitment to excellence
- High academic standards for all
- A guaranteed and viable curriculum that is differentiated to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Effective, research-based instructional methods and strategies
- Accurate and meaningful assessments which drive instructional practices
- High quality and continuous professional development opportunities
- A culture that embraces change and is committed to the principles of continuous improvement
- Accountability for results
- A safe and secure learning environment
- Meaningful involvement of parents and local community
- Technology support systems that advance teaching and learning
- Innovative approaches to scheduling, staffing and use of resources
King's Grant Elementary was originally built in 1960. Parts of the building were refurbished in 1969 after a fire destroyed some of the interior of the building.
A computer lab, new library and additional classrooms were added when our newest wing was built in 1996.
We currently have approximately 600 students, 70 staff members, 15 full time bus drivers and many actively involved parents and volunteers that help make our school a great place to learn.
King's Grant continues its long history of community involvement by supporting events such as athletics, scouts, and more.